Thursday 22 January 2015

ArcGIS 10. Convert dbf to csv or similar in ArcPy without cursors


I have many dbf's created by the Spatial Analyst Sample tool. I would like to convert those dbf's into csv's or space delimited (or any text for that matter). I can't seem to find the ArcPy equivalent of "Right click table > Data > Export"


There are a few ideas I saw, which include the use of cursors: Exporting table to XYZ ASCII file via ArcPy? and Bulk convert DBF to CSV in a folder ArcGIS 10.1 using Python


Is there anything simpler and quicker? My tables have over 3 million rows each. I did see the mention of "arcpy.ExportXYv_stats", but that fails with input table is not recognized format etc.


Alternatively, where can I find their dbf specifications? Fortran should be faster.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...