Saturday 22 April 2017

Create line heatmap with QGIS


I have loaded my bike tours as .gpx files into QGIS.


enter image description here


It already looks quite nice but I was wondering if it might be possible to create something similar to the strava heatmap with tools of QGIS.



enter image description here


I have tried to generate points along the lines and use kernel density but it just does not look nice as a raster layer.


Any suggestions?



Answer



this is how looks like my strava routes, rendered in QGIS. What I do is to merge all gpx tracks (otherwise you should change blending mode one by one) into a single file and then, into the Layer Properties > Symbology tab, choose an appropriate colour, then opening the layer rendering options to select Screen as the blending type for the Features parameter while you keep the normal rendering for the Layer parameter.


Hope this helps.
Cheers,


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...