Sunday 30 April 2017

algorithm - Converting from Julian Date to Calendar Date?




Does anyone know of a way to convert from a Julian date to a regular calendar date?



Answer



I take no credit for the following Python snippet, which is taken from an ESRI idea found by Googling 'convert from julian to calendar date arcgis'. As trivia, they mention the data they were working with came from the FAA. There is also mention of data coming over from Excel in that format despite being entered differently.



I apologize if my cut/paste screws up any formatting, nor do I know if it works or needs modification. I have minimal (recent) programming experience but tried to replicate it as best I could in this interface.


def julianDateToDate(jDate):
_jdatere = re.compile("(?P\d{4})(?P\d{3})")
match =_jdatere.match(jDate)
if match:
d = match.groupdict()
year = int(d["year"])
days = int(d["days"])
date = datetime.date(year,1,1) + datetime.timedelta(days=days-1)
return date

No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...