Friday 19 February 2016

coordinate system - Importing .csv to QGIS gives CRS undefined (but not always)


I wonder why some .csv files when imported (with long and lat) can not set a proper CRS system and other do (CRS undefined). For example:



  1. If I export my data in csv with Microsoft Excel it does not set the CRS and can not be fixed.

  2. when I export with Google Sheets it does work.


What is the problem in this case? I am trying to export data with pandas python but can not figure out this problem? I am using QGIS, 2.12.1-Lyon, on MAC.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...