Sunday 28 February 2016

arcgis desktop - Changing/adding keyboard shortcuts in ArcMap?


How can I change or add keyboard shortcuts in ArcMap?


I have tried Customize --> Customize mode --> Commands --> Keyboard. However, this does not seem to actually work. I can add shortcuts and link them, but nothing happens when I use them even though they seems to be saved (my created shortcut still shows up after restarting Arcmap).


I'm not using English keyboard layout so, for example, I can't use the [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [=] for Zoom to selected features, since I need Shift to even get a =. It would be really useful to be able to change or add alternative shortcuts for the tools I use regularly.


Does anyone know how? Preferably something within Arcmap, but if it comes down to writing an AutoHotkey script that'll work too if you can give me some hints.


There are a few questions relating to shortcuts already, but none that I found is giving me a useful answer. I have also looked at all the lists of shortcuts that's been implemented, both on ArcGIS Resources Online and this very useful pdf. No hints on how to change the shortcuts though.


COMMENT: If the shortcut includes [ALT GR] it doesn't seem to work properly.



Answer



You need to go to Customize> Customize Mode on the Menu bar, in ArcMap.


Once the Customize dialog appears, click on the keyboard button.



For more details, have a look at this help article: Assigning a shortcut key


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...