Friday 18 May 2018

openstreetmap - How to overcome field truncation when converting OSM to shapefile with QGIS?



I am trying to convert an OpenStreetMap file into a shapefile, but I am having problems with the "tags" field being cut-off after 80 characters. With QGIS 1.4, I use the OpenStreetMap plugin to 'Load OSM from file'. The file loads in QGIS. If I right-click on the 'lines' layer and select 'Save as shapefile', I end up with a shapefile but one that has an 80 char limit on "tags". How can I increase this 80 character limit?



Answer



You can also import the data into a PostgreSQL/Postgis database and you will not have that limit. Use the osm2pgsql utility


http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osm2pgsql


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...