Saturday 19 May 2018

arcgis 10.0 - How to use Scale tool when Georeferencing Raster in ArcMap?


I'm georeferencing a bunch of maps in ArcMap 10.0. The Shift and Rotate commands are pretty easy to use, no problems there. But whenever I use the Scale command, the image completely changes position. Is there a way to put an anchor down (similar to the rotate tool)? I feel like I must be missing something but haven't figured out what it is yet. I don't want to rubbersheet them into place, so I'm trying not to use control points until I have it in position, but first I need to make sure the scale bar on the map matches the distance it's supposed to.


Edit: Asking a question does wonders in finding an answer, even when nobody has answered yet. I found the Rescale_management tool and will use that to set the scale properly first, then position. If the length of the scale bar is 1256ft and it should be 1200ft, I'll use a factor of .9554 in the X and the Y directions. Is there a better way?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...