Friday 18 May 2018

arcgis desktop - Where does ArcMap GUI get font size and docking guide positions from?


In the screenshot below, ArcMap 10.1 appears to be making some arbitrary choices about the font to use for:




  1. The Layers data frame name in the Table of Contents (larger font than expected)

  2. The Main Menu pulldowns (smaller font than expected)


Can anyone tell me where to find a setting that will enable me to make these the same size as the font used for the Main Menu items, please?


enter image description here


I am using Windows 7 64bit and I know I messed around with Large Icons on the Options tab of Customize | Customize a while back. I think the small font pulldowns started when I turned them back to normal.



Answer



Assuming you're using Windows 7, you can change this under > Control Panel > Personalization > Window Color.


Choose Item: Icon and the Font Size is what controls the Layers menu size:



enter image description here


This is handy when doing a demo, to ensure the audience can read the contents easily. (Another useful one to change is Menu, so the audience can see what you're choosing in the dropdowns.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...