Thursday 22 November 2018

polygon - "Identity" overlay in QGIS?


I have two polygon layers I'd like to overlay using QGIS or another open source tool. What I want as output is a polygon layer with the extent of one polygon, but with each polygon in that layer subdivided into polygons based on overlapping polygons in the second layer.


This seems like a basic operation but I'm having trouble finding documentation on how to do it.



Answer



I seem to have gotten what I want by using the SEXTANTE Toolbox to run v.overlay from GRASS, with the "OR" operation selected.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...