Tuesday 20 November 2018

arcgis desktop - Update xy fields when I move points?


I have a point shapefile in edit mode, containing x and y coordinates. When I move the point to another location, the x and y coordinates do not update to the corrected location. I realize the x and y fields, although they are the ones I used to plot the points in the first place, now have nothing to do with the points actual location. Is there any simple way to just move a point in edit mode and have the coordinates automatically update?



Answer



I just realized how to make the quick fix. Once you move the point using the Editor toolbar:



Open Attribute Table > right click the associated X_COORD field or Y_COORD field > Calculate Geometry > Set properties > Click OK


Now all the XY coordinates, or only selected ones (depending on properties you set) have been updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...